Join Us August 1 for STEM Expo 2021
STEM EXPO 2021 is Sold Out!
Due to fire code capacity restrictions, STEM Expo 2021 is no longer distributing tickets and there will be no onsite registrations allowed. We encourage all attendees to come pick up their badges starting at 11 a.m. to ensure you can spend most of your time enjoying the expo.
We are celebrating the return of our STEM Expo, now in its 5th year.
Geared toward 5th through 12th grade students, this free event inspires and empowers students interested in science, technology, engineering and math careers.
Students and parents are invited to enjoy interactive STEM workshops, hands-on demonstrations, STEM career information, networking opportunities and more.
When: Sunday Aug. 1, 2021
Time: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center,
National Harbor, Maryland
- Hands-on science stations, including slime, dry ice and electricity
- Live on-stage demonstrations for the entire audience
- Experience the instantaneous science of nitrogen ice cream
- Watch the Coast Guard Drill team
- Experience our interactive exhibits on STEM concepts
- Social distancing in queues
- Advanced registration
- Reserved time slots
- Metered room capacities
- Masks required
- Designated area for eating apart from other areas
- Increased cleaning and sanitation
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Aerojet Rocketdyne
- American Society of Naval Engineers
- Animals in War & Peace
- Circuit Breaker Labs
- Department of Navy Strategic Systems Programs
- George Mason University – College of Engineering and Computing
- Huntington Ingalls Industries
- MAG Aerospace
- Marine Corps Systems Command
- Maritime Administration
- Math Matters to Me
- National Naval Officers Association/Navy League of the United States
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC)
- Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC)
- Naval STEM Coordination Office
- Navy Talent Acquisition Group Richmond
- Navy League Scholarships
- SMART Scholarship
- University of Delaware
- U.S. Coast Guard
- USNA STEM Center for Education and Outreach
- U.S. Naval Sea Cadets
Q. Who attends?
A. The STEM Expo is geared at students, grades 5 through 12, but parents, educators and younger siblings are all encouraged to attend. Please note, students under the age of 15 must be accompanied by someone 18 or older.
Q. Why attend?
A. The expo was created to give students interested in science, technology, engineering and math careers an opportunity to enjoy interactive STEM workshops and hands-on demonstrations while also getting access to STEM career information and real-world practitioners.
Q. What does it cost?
A. Attending the expo is completely FREE!
Q. How do I get there?
A. The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center is located in National Harbor, Maryland, and is easily accessible from Maryland, D.C. and Virginia. Paid parking is available near the Gaylord.
Be a part of the magic at Sea Air Space’s STEM Expo 2021. This free, hands-on experience for students encourages further exploration in science, technology, engineering, and math.
• Encourage students to pursue coursework and careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.
• Reach underserved communities to promote their interest and advancement in STEM.
• Provide hands-on experiences and learning.
• Give students, parents, and teachers access to a diverse sample of organizations for networking opportunities and development.
Booth space is available free of charge to approved exhibitors.
About SAS Stem Expo: The STEM Expo is focused on 5th-12th graders, but open to students (and parents and educators) of all ages. Advanced registration is required. Admission is free.
Event Date and Time: August 1, 2021 from noon to 5 p.m.
Location: Gaylord National Harbor Hotel and Convention Center